What is it About?
- The writing (and living) of Illuminatus, the cult novel which launched a million conspiracy-freaks;
- Stumbling, via LSD and Aleister Crowley onto a 6500-year-old conversation with the planet Sirius;
- Dreaming up the formula, with Timothy Leary, of positive human evolution;
- Co-conspiring to create the Discordian religion, which worships Eris, the Goddess of Chaos and Confusion;
- Tantric sex, musical sing-alongs and mass initiations;
- Bob’s fellow Discordian being accused of being “the second Oswald” in JFK’s assassination;
- Mind-blowing visual effects, extraordinary musical soundscapes, and proper “Ken Campbell style” acting;
- The journey through Chapel Perilous, a dangerous occultist crossing point, from which one either emerges paranoid or agnostic.
Have the Rights Been Obtained?
Yes. The Wilson estate has given its backing and granted us an option to create this adaptation.
Has it Been Stage Before?
No. Wilson’s book has never been dramatised before, and this new script has not been publicly performed in its entirety. Some draft fragments were performed in London on 23rd October 2013, and one scene (Bob’s First Acid Trip) was staged in Liverpool on 23rd February 2014.
When Are The Performances?
The first full performances will be in Liverpool during the weekend of 23rd November 2014, which is a Discordian holy day (being Harpo Marx’s birthday) – the opening night of Illuminatus was 23rd November 1976.
This will be followed by a short run in London on 26th-29th November 2014. Our intention is tour more widely during 2015, both in the UK and the USA.
How Can I Help?